A PyQt-based lightweight Raster GIS
TuiView is a lightweight raster GIS with powerful raster attribute table manipulation abilities.
Features of TuiView include:
- "Geo-linking" - 2 or more windows linked so they move and zoom together
- Querying and plotting of raster values
- Overlaying and querying of vector layers
- Ability to stretch data for viewing in a number of ways, and ability to set a default stretch for each type of file
- Saving and loading of stretch information into text or image files
- Profile tool
- Display of raster attribute tables and highlighting of rows for queried pixel
- Selection of raster attribute table rows based on a query, or through geographical selection
- Creation of new attribute table columns and updating of columns
- Flicker tool
Major development work on this project has been funded by Landcare Research.
Once you have installed Conda, run the following commands
on the command line to install TuiView from the "conda-forge" channel:
conda config --add channels conda-forge
conda create -n myenv tuiview
source activate myenv # omit 'source' on Windows
TuiView requires: Python >= 2.6, Numpy, GDAL and PyQt.
Download releases from Sourceforge or through Mercurial at
User Documentation is available in the TuiView wiki.
There is also Developer's Documentation available.